We here at Not Dabbling in Normal are always working on ideas for advancing the Not Dabbling community and hopefully treating our readers to informative and fun posts and treats. We thought we’d take a moment to fill you in on a few of those things, just in case you didn’t already know:
- Reader’s Question Posts: We set aside the first and fifth (when it happens) Friday of each month to answer specific questions from our readers. You are always encouraged to ask questions in the comments sections of specific posts, but if there is something specific you’d like our writers to answer please feel free to email that question to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends Not Dabbling in Normal: We have a yahoo group, for all the readers and writers who’d like to join. It’s a simple, but fun and informative (and free) e-mail community. To join simply go to the group’s home page and sign up.
- Not Dabbling in Normal Photos: If you are a member over at flickr, consider joining our group and show off your Not Dabbling in Normal Photos.
Today, we’d like to announce the first of two giveaways (the other will be announced soon). Today’s giveaway is for a choice of 2 books from the following set of 6 books focusing on the spinning and knitting arts:
- In Sheep’s Clothing — a hand spinners guide to wool (very informative about wools in general. might be interested in this too)
- Diane Varney’s Spinning Designer yarns
- Ashford book of Spinning
- Sandra Polley’s The Knitted Teddy Bear
- Shawls and Scarves –The best of Knitter’s Magazine.
- Debby Bliss’ Toy Knits
If you’d like to win those books, please comment on this post by 5PM, Mountain Standard Time on Friday, September 25, 2009. We’ll pick one winner from the comments and announce the winner on Sunday, September 26th.
Sorry about the mistake for those of you who read previous to friday at 6:56 eastern time. The give away is for a choice of 2 of the 6 books. Not all 6. Sorry :-)